Metadata Modeler – Data Management
Metadata Modeler - Data Management Permanent, Full Time, Brussels Your role & work environment ING is searching for a Metadata Modeler Data Management We develop the digital bank of the future:
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations: an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. A big focus is on metadata, who permits to measure the health of our assets and to develop dashboards to show the Regulators' requirements coverage.
We work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineers in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome. The Tribe is very international, with locations in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania, and people from different nationalities are part of our squads.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Metadata Modeler, who will work for the "CDO Office", team in support of our Chief Data Officer. This squad has a cross-border (Belgium and The Netherlands) responsibility and it collaborates closely with regulator, business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta)data needs and business context. Your key responsibilities
We look for
- You play a key role in modeling metadata for various data assets.
- You create standards for the metadata model, together with our authomation squad.
- You assess the feasibility of the proposed solutions. You evaluate the user experiences with the developed solutions and define proposals for improvement.
- You support and coach others on metadata management and stimulate the organisation to grow towards a 'data driven' organisation.
- You keep the Data Catalogue up to date, and you contact members of the bank to cover the gaps.
- You define functional requirements for Metadata Dashboards, based on the needs expressed by Data Councils, Group Services and various Stakeholders.
- You are passionate about Data and you produce high quality deliverables.
- You continuously take the initiative to improve the way of work and the collaboration within your squad.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen,
enthusiasm for helping others to be successful
and a knack for always being a step ahead
. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Metadata Modeler you will also need:
We offer you
- Experience in the Agile way of working.
- Knowledge and experience with data management, data warehousing and data governance.
- Knowledge and experience of the financial industry.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of metadata governance tools (IBM IGC is a plus).
- Previous experience in Metadata Management domain (3 years minimum).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English (verbal and writing).
- Willing to frequently travel abroad (approx. 2 times a month), especially to Amsterdam.
- Master or bachelor degree.
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
We redefine banking. What about you?
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!