Analyst, KYC Team, Winter 2020 Co-op
What is the opportunity?
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with willingness to take the initiative and ability to multi-task? As a KYC Analyst you utilize your excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and strong technical / analytical skills in order to ensure that Know Your Client (KYC) Due Diligence processes are conducted and completed accurately prior to establishing trading relationships with customers. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Responsible for the KYC processing of new client and account opening forms and maintaining reference databases with completed records and information.
- Assess issues of potential non-compliance, provide recommendations and, together with the Team Lead and/or senior KYC management, work with areas involved to resolve and implement improved controls.
- Conduct KYC due diligence searches and perform reviews for Standard/Medium/High risk clients.
- Respond to adhoc requests for information from Business areas regarding appropriate KYC documentation.
- Identify potential areas for improved processing and automation of manual processes wherever possible.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on KYC data issues in Canada.
- Provide advice to RBCCM Business on KYC information and documentation requirements.
- Escalate to RBCCM AML Compliance and/or High Risk Client Team on clients identified as High Risk or where material adverse information has been identified.
- Escalate to the Global Economic Sanctions Team (GES) and/or High Risk Client Team on material matters relating to Sanctions Team or Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption Team, respectively to the extent not escalated otherwise to AML Compliance.
- Participate in intra-day and/or after hours testing in support of system and process improvements
- Pursuing BA / BS or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of local and global KYC/AML, Capital Markets industry, or taxation regulatory requirements (IIROC, OFSI, IRS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Capital Markets products, trade systems and business lines.
What's in it for you?
- Any financial accreditations such as the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or CFA are assets
- Operations or Technology degree, background, or experience
- Tax knowledge
- Familiarity with RBC organization, systems, and business
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Variety of assignments over the course of your placement
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work