Application Software Development Support Manager - Derivatives Trading
Requisition ID: 86634
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology - Derivatives team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk.
As Sr. Manager Development dealing with OTC Derivatives.
- The incumbent requires a strong understanding of the products in scope and an ability to speak to senior business leads on IT deliverables
- Must have strong People Management skills and experience managing small to medium sized teams.
- Must have previous experience in Capital Markets and a strong knowledge in financial instruments, ranging from derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) to foreign exchange. Any experience of trade modelling in either JSON or FPML would be an advantage.
- With ability to manage small to medium projects the incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
- The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems design and development techniques, including testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
Plans and directs application/technology projects which typically involve multiple systems and impact more than one area or sub-components of major application/technology projects.
- Coordinates activities through direct and indirect staff.
- Manages technical teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers within the business lines.
- Participates in budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for the organization.
- Facilitates problem resolution when production problems occur.
- Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools
- Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps
- Assist with detailed design for all functional components of the system
- Accountable for delivery according to pre-agreed time and budgetary constraints
- Liaison with source system owners to understand the format and semantic content of data being passed about.
The incumbent must have the below:
- Knowledge of Java frameworks e.g. DropWizard, Spring, Apache NiFi
- Strong database modeling and development skills, experience with SQL (Oracle, or Sybase, or SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Cassandra or similar) is an asset
- A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
- Good knowledge of SOA and messaging bus e.g. Solace or Kafka
- Exposure to market data particularly with respect to derivatives (curves, surfaces etc.)
- Has strong knowledge of pricing models related to OTC Derivatives products
- Computer Science Diploma or Degree; or related work experience.
- Recognized further study in Finance, Risk or Computing would be an advantage.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Bank, Banking, Equity, Technology, Finance