Associate Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 71897
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
PLATO API Gateway Engineering team is the PLATO team which support Enterprise API Gateway solutions and related pipeline development. You are expected to work on your own initiative with respect to defined goals and objectives set by your manager. You will be presented with a production/business incidents, inquiries/problems and are expected to come back with a detailed analysis, recommendation and/or solution. The role:
Reporting to a Senior DevOps Manager you will work closely with PLATO teams and application teams to support Enterprise API Management solutions operation. You are expected to work on your own initiative with respect to defined goals and objectives set by your manager. You will be presented with a production/business incidents, inquiries/problems and are expected to come back with a detailed analysis, recommendation and/or solution. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology Product life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Conduct product release testing, create and support test automation and continuous integration & deployment methodology/tooling and environment.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, testing and operations.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Create documentation including test cases, operational support documents.
- Execute operations and support on all APIM platforms (Mulesoft / Apigee)
What's in it for you?
- 2+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience as a Production Platform/Application Support Analyst in a 24x7 uptime environment, and a good automation experience with configuration management tools
- Hands-on experience on scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl and/or PHP) and automation skills on Linux system
- Ability to create test cases based on requirements and conduct quality assurance tasks.
- Ability to write test automation scripts for web applications and APIs.
- Ability to work on Infrastructure centric platforms, a good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
- Ability to analyze and resolve infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Some experience with version control systems such as Git, and other CICD dev tools such as Jira, Jenkins (preferred Jenkins pipeline experience), and Confluence
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Google Cloud, Azure, AWS is a plus)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Finance