Business Solutions Expert
Requisition ID: 66692
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Enterprise Risk Data Management team provides ETL, not limited to, development and support services for Global Risk Management (Global Retail Credit Risk, Provisions and Modelling teams). The incumbent is required to be the Subject Matter Expert that leads a team responsible for the delivery and daily operations of a project/application to meet their business needs. They will be responsible for overseeing and participating in research and analysis of business processes and defining requirements that lead to the design and implementation of effective solutions. The BSE will create roadmaps, advise scrum teams on strategic vision and advise on creation of and options to leverage reusable services and components. Knowledge and/or familiarity with financial instruments, Retail credit risk data management, regulatory standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is ideal. Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure successful and timely delivery of the project as well as integrity of the daily operations.
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Guide scrum teams in use of available reusable components to achieve the goals of our business line.
- Responsible for high level estimates for enhancement and process requests.
- Manage the relationship with our business users, other project teams and our stakeholders.
- Independently resolve complex, multifaceted problems to meet the business needs of business stakeholders in Global Risk Management.
- Provide business support to Global Risk Management.
- Conduct gap analysis between current process and target states. Propose viable Technology solutions
- Ability to gather requirements from business units and translate those to Design and Technical Specifications with developers.
- Understand data/system flow architecture to co-ordinate implementation of onboarding new / enhance existing sources to the Application supported
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines
- Analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to help arrive at innovative solutions.
- Ability to lead teams to handle diverse deliverables, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
- Ability to create business solutions that meet the clients' needs
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
- Demonstrate an informed knowledge of business functions related to Group Treasury.
- Must be a self-starter, reliable, highly motivated, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Process flow knowledge would be an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Math/Finance/Computer Science or equivalent
- Exposure to Retail Credit data management
- 3-5+ yrs. exp. with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Law, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Technology, Legal, Finance, Creative