Business Solutions Expert (SAP Payroll)
Requisition ID: 59472
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
In this role you will provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems. You will formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable HR business systems, industry requirements and regulatory requirements (i.e. AML, OSFI, CSOX, PII, etc.). You will be responsible for working on SAP Payroll implementation and integration projects for Scotia's International Banking business units. What we are looking for?
As an experienced SAP Payroll consultant, in this role you will;
- Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR- Payroll business process work flows and liaising with the users.
- Manage multiple SAP Payroll implementation and integration projects. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. Ensure each project delivers quality products/functions in a timely manner which meets HR business requirements and provides an enhanced employee experience.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of SAP Payroll application, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to: (i) provide clarification of business requirements; (ii) provide clarification of technical specifications; (iii) define which defects need to be resolved for implementation; and (iv) negotiate the severity classification of defects with the user.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems including Compensation, Pensions and Benefits Administration and Recognition business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
- You will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to work independently under the general guidance of the Director, Relationship Management.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management or a project steering committee, as appropriate
- Working knowledge of project planning and project management, with the expectation of developing a thorough knowledge within the first 12 months on the post.
- Strong business writing skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, eg. Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications, and project implementation / strategy documents.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, e.g. branch staff, senior management in Information Technology Solutions, internal business clients, and external vendors.
- Strongly prefer, fluency in English & Spanish communication
- Previous SAP Payroll Implementation / Integration experience required
- The incumbent will be expected to achieve the following competencies within their first 12 months on the post:
What's in it for you?
- Through project management skills including Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Working knowledge of process methodology / mapping (modelling and charting workflows).
- Working knowledge of Scotiabank technology.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Payroll, SAP, Information Systems, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology