What is the opportunity?
Research Technology builds data pipelines and analytics models for the data driven Research business within RBC Capital Markets. We are looking for an experienced data engineer who is quick to adapt to new technologies and enthusiastic about analyzing and automating data processing. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have:
- Work in an agile team of Data Engineers, Scientists, Developers and RBC Equity Research stakeholders.
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop data pipelines and analytics, using alt-data, to support Equity Research.
- Enhance and optimize prototype analyses to run at scale on internal data lakes, or cloud platforms.
- Work with platform and infrastructure groups to configure and stand-up required hardware and software stacks.
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of object oriented or functional programming experience with Python, Java/Scala
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise with relational and non-relational databases. E.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, Hive, Elasticsearch.
- Big data processing using Hadoop or cloud platforms
- Comfortable applying engineering best practices for Test Driven Development, integration testing, version control, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud deployment.
- Job scheduling with Airflow or other workflow scheduling systems.
- Experience with Supervised and Unsupervised Machine learning.
- Experience following agile methodologies.
- Experience in the financial industry, especially trading related businesses.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities