Digital Product Designer
Digital Product Designer
Get Digs by RBC Ventures helps renters earn more from each of their rent payments, by allowing them to pay with a rewards credit card. Check us out at http://www.getdigs.io www.getdigs.io What is the opportunity?
We're hiring a Digital Product Designer, whose goal will be to ensure Get Digs customer touchpoints are consistent and frictionless. The individual will be responsible for day-to-day product needs including UX/UI, visual design, and research. They will work closely with the entire product team to move the venture forward, and collaborate with developers, customer success and marketing team. The ideal candidate is familiar with Design Thinking and Human Centered Design methodologies and is passionate about finding the intersection of user and business needs. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of pushing design, creativity, and technical innovation.
Since Get Digs is a subsidiary of RBC Ventures, you may get to work on other ventures in the organization's portfolio. We're looking for someone who can instinctively weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and improve how our users navigate our many products and services. It's a task that'll be made easier by collaborating with a top-notch team of product owners, strategists, marketers, writers and developers following a shared vision. What will you do?
What you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Shape the look and feel of Get Digs, ensuring consistency and simplicity using an evolving existing brand guidelines
- Explore ways to create a more cohesive experience and enhance usability
- Design multiple options, trust the iterative process and understand that the first idea is not always the best
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with core team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Work within our agile team structure and provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Lead usability testing and other research needs alongside other UX Product Design team members
- Build a strong rapport with creative team personnel, managers and stakeholders
- Impress stakeholders/clients with your enthusiasm and understanding of our customer needs
- Ensure adherence to accessibility guidelines
- Be open to learning and trying new tools and methodologies
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality
- Experience with a wide range of design and prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, and presentation software)
- Expert understanding of core design principles related to typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour systems, white space, etc.
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping, and usability testing for screen-based products
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio with work samples
About RBC Ventures:
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital on creative teams
- Experience with research, workshop planning and facilitation
- Experience with animation software (Premiere, After Effects, among other tools)
- Experience and success working in corporate environments
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, visual design and/or human-centered design, or related field
- Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process
RBC is reimagining the role we play in our clients' lives. To do this, we created a new organization - RBC Ventures - which operates separately from the core bank business. The organization works in small agile teams focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships to differentiate RBC in the marketplace.