We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll be Doing
You'll contribute to CIBC's Digital transformation by successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale web projects involving multiple back-end systems. As a Front-End Architect, you will own and develop the overall strategic design of the front-end code base and how it integrates with external systems. At times, you will collaborate with scrum teams to deliver efficient, testable, and flexible solutions that enhance the customer experience. By collaborating with various partners you will bring thought leadership and deliver innovative solutions. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Strategic Design: Create, communicate and maintain the integrity of the overall software architecture of the platform. Working with lead software developers you will ensure consistent and adequate solutions across the platform, including best practices. You will develop long-term front-end technology roadmaps to align with our overall vision & strategy
- Effective Communication and Collaboration : Collaborate with other software architects you will ensure viability of cross-platform solutions. At times you will partner with Agile teams to develop high quality code and tests as required. By collaborating with our Agile business and technology teams you will define high-level solution designs and effort sizings and be able to speak to and present them to multiple audiences.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in hands-on Web Development for 5-8 years, as well as a pulse on innovative technology, technical experience with SPA frameworks such as Ember.js, React.js and Vue.js, Object Oriented Design, JSON and RESTFul web services. It's an asset if you have experience writing unit/integration/acceptance tests and UI automation tests.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-40 Dundas St. W., 3rd Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours