Full Stack (React, Node JS) Software Developer, Digital Factory, (12 Month contract)
Requisition ID: 68223
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As a Software Developer you will be joining a team that's rebuilding the web platform for Scotiabank Online and supporting our brand new mobile banking application intiative as well. You'll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back-end API in Node.JS. Wre are looking for a team member who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, pivot and adapt to change and have deep pride in quality craftsmanship with a focus on user centred design. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- You will be gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- You will create and maintain software documentation
- You will be creating a desktop and mobile experience for Scotiabank customers
What's in it for you?
- You have experience with REST API design
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
- You have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have a deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Animations, Semantic HTML).
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You've used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
- You've built accessible and internationalized eb applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
- You stay up to date with industry best practice
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates initiative!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station
- Onsite catered cafeteria!
- Onsite fitness center
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Information Technology, Technology, Finance, Creative