Java Developer Intermediate - (With Pega Experience)
Requisition ID: 66694
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Summary
Working within Scotiabank's Global Capital Markets, reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Pega Developer will work closely with all team members on a suite of Pega applications used across the trade lifecycle. A hands on developer that is involved in all aspects of the SDLC. The position demands a highly technical innovator, strong belief in continuous learning and growing as an individual contributor, and able to communicate clearly and easily with any stakeholder or team member. A successful candidate will value SOLID design principles, CI/CD/DevOps/cloud deployment concepts (Azure, Google, private), and agile application lifecycle management (ALM).
Join our exciting team of motivated Pega developers that are committed to delivering workflow solutions faster and better! Key Accountabilities
- Maintain, support, and enhance existing applications according to specifications with a high degree of quality.
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to root-cause analysis (RCA) and permanent corrective action (PCA) of production issues.
- Perform coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging, documenting and supports the code implementation process and scripts.
- Coordinate efforts with various business, technology, and infrastructure teams throughout the organization, to ensure the satisfaction of our stakeholders.
- Design solutions that align to the organizations strategic objectives and enterprise architecture standards.
- Provide production support on applications with on-call responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with all team and business units.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and have a "Team First" attitude.
- Ability prioritize effectively, managing multiple and conflicting priorities.
- 5+ years of experience with Java, Oracle and Unix development
- 2+ years of experience with Pega development
- Capability to rapidly learn new technologies and quickly adapt to change.
- Strong commitment to delivering quality first.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Development experience in Capital Markets as asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Oracle, Database, Banking, Technology, Finance