Penetration Tester (Cyber Security)
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Application Security Assessments - you would provide technical execution in the area of application security for the global RBC business and application development teams across all enterprise information technology groups. You would act as the subject matter expert in execution of application penetration testing, in addition to participation in the development of application security best practices, tools, and processes. You would also provide technical input on current, interim and target state application penetration testing strategies and help execute various application security projects across all RBC lines of business. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- You will participate in and lead a range of application security assessment activities. Perform penetration testing against web and mobile environments.
- Ensure applications are thoroughly tested using industry best practices prior to promotion to production.
- Assist in the development, evaluation, and implementation of application penetration testing processes and tools.
- Research and keep up to date on application security emerging threats, techniques, tools, and trends.
- Educate key organizational stakeholders (e.g. developers, security consultants, executives) on application security matters across the organization.
- Possess strong understanding of web and mobile application architecture and development principles.
- Exposure to application security best practices such as secure coding, security testing techniques.
- 4+ years of experience in executing application penetration testing exercises.
- Familiarity with modern application penetration testing tooling and platforms.
What's in it for you?
- OSCP, OSCE, GWAPT, GMOB, GXPN certifications an asset
- Knowledge of OWASP, SANS or other security-related frameworks
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies