Programmer Analyst Advisory
Requisition ID: 73102
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The GRT - Trade Floor Risk Management & Risk Model Team develops and supports technology applications for Trade Floor Risk Management group, and other risk model teams. The role:
We are seeking a talent developer to join our team to contribute to a range of projects including building a consolidated market risk limit monitoring system, enhancing our sensitivity generator, improving our reporting and analytics solution, and to deliver high availability applications and solutions to support Risk Management (Market Risk) needs. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure to risk management. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management & financial engineering, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions . Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, and delivery of high availability & reliability applications which utilized different technology stacks (including Python, Java, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark SQL, Kubernetes, Elastic Search etc.)
- Ideal candidate would be required to
- Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancements of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective
- design sound solutions that meet the business needs by understanding why is the functionality needed and how is the end user going to use the functionality
- Ensure the delivery meet the integrity, quality, performance and reliability requirements by building automated testing and regression suites and use of DevOps principles.
- 5+ years of strong development experience in Java and Python with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Flask preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience working with Linux environment with Linux command line, and shell script
- Experience with DevOp and continuous delivery and deployments (e.g. Jenkins, bitbuckets etc)
- Experience with XML and Json data format
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving skills.
What's in it for you?
- Good understanding of object oriented design and design pattern, service architecture and high performance, and multi-threading techniques
- Market risk or financial risk experience is a nice to have
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Database, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering