Programmer Analyst Sr. with Java and Python
Requisition ID: 78862
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, the incumbent is responsible for daily xVA production system operational support, including but not limited to providing technical advisory to trading desk, handling user queries and coordinating application enhancement and development requests with the development team Accountabilities:
- The incumbent must have a good understanding of business systems analysis and development.
- Provide technical support for daily production system operation, including handling business user communication on technical queries and new feature requests, overseeing calculation processes, ensuring timely risk reports and calculation results delivery. The incumbent is required to carry a beeper approximately 10% of the time to ensure systems support is readily available and that systems are operational according to documented user service level agreements.
- Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and design for user interface and end-of-day process improvements, new features, executing user acceptance test and system test procedures, ensuring all functionality has been properly documented. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and ensure system changes are delivered as expected.
- Provide automation solutions for running model impact analysis, number regression tests and general production support tasks, generating ad-hoc reports according to user queries by extracting and transforming data from various internal and external systems. Knowledge of programming skills is a must (Python, SQL, Java).
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division's business and technology strategies
- The incumbent must have good analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- The incumbent must be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- The incumbent must have a detailed understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for.
- The incumbent must have good interpersonal and communication skills to deliver proposals, provide user support and interact with team members and other departments.
- The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technical skills:
- System analyses and design
- Programming languages (Python, SQL, Java, Shell scripts)
- Development techniques, such as testing, coding, use of productivity tools
- A broad understanding and knowledge of the Banks products, services, market trends, computer services, planning and control tools and organized structure.
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering related discipline is desirable, along with 3-5 years practical experience.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance