Quality Engineering Lead
What is the opportunity?
You will be responsible for testing delivery of critical regulatory systems using enterprise data lake with Hadoop/Hive infrastructure in Risk Technology and lead test team. You will work closely with the development team to understand the technologies and develop / implement automated testing for functional enhancements and data transformations across projects. You will work with project teams to develop the Master Test Plan and artefacts for all projects involving major systems by determining the scope, schedule and sequence of test activities. What will you do?
You will lead the QE team for a major Risk Application project within the RISK IT area with the focus on leading and establishing a sound QE framework to provide quality deliverables in line with our goal to provide exemplary service, system reliability and most importantly trust to our clients.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Working with business and project teams to determine, review and verify test scope, provide estimation effort for responsible QE projects.
- Conduct risk analysis, requirement review ensuring sufficient coverage in respect of project constraints and driving factors, ensure there is an adequate level of quality engineering and automation test coverage for all responsible applications.
- Provide and execute the Automation Strategy with a focus on TDD with continuous Build and continuous integrated testing.
- Develop automated testing solutions using industry tools.
- Plan and support UAT, official sign-off approval on releases ready for UAT and production
- Champion on agility and improvement in test process.
- Create Test Strategies, Test Plans, Risk Coverage, Acceptance criteria, and automation support documents.
- Implement and maintain reporting on Testing result metrics, govern and work with 3rd party vendors work and deliverables, support extended testing teams where required.
Nice to have:
- University degree in Computer Science / Computer Programming / Information Technology or equivalent and 7+ years of professional Quality Engineering and or development experience including 2 years of being in a lead role.
- Proficient with Quality processes, test deliverables, defining Test Strategies, Test Plans and evaluating Risk Coverage.
- Hands-on experience on automated testing for Data comparison, data transformations and reporting, using tools ETL, Selenium, Python scripting, beyond compare, ROBOT Framework or other Keyword Driven test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience on distributed applications using Java, Advanced SQL, Unix (Linux) technologies, Hadoop, Hive Database, Big Data.
- Knowledge on DevOps with integrated build and testing using SVN, Jenkins, Nexus / UrbanCode, Robot Framework, Agile environment using Rally, Jira, HP ALM using T
- Expert in requirement testability review, performance testing concepts.
What's in it for you?
- Software Quality Certification will be an added advantage
- Capital Markets Risk Technology applications and processes.
- Market Risk knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and reporting
- Exposure to Risk business technologies/applications.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
198803 Ad Code(s):