Senior Cloud Engineer
What is the opportunity?
Are you an application developer who is used to running containers on your own laptop or server with ease and then gets frustrated when you find out that your enterprise takes hours/weeks to deploy even the simplest applications? Well this team at RBC was stood up halfway in between the developers and the linux admins to solve these exact problems! We are working to create the kubernetes environments, source images, CI/CD tools, and pipelines necessary to make a reliable, valuable container environment for developers at RBC, and we want you to help lead it! What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Identify opportunities to make our container environment safer, sturdier, and more useful to development teams.
- Build Jenkins plugins and pipelines that interface with Kubernetes, JFrog Artifactory Repositories, IAM systems, and other tools.
- Build integrations to system tools. For example, connecting performance monitoring tools like Prometheus to ELK or a dashboard.
- Champion, help with onboarding to, and support the products you develop with RBC dev teams.
- Work with app teams to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their architecture as it relates to containers and Kubernetes features (e.g. are they a micro-service app? Are they stateless?)
- Act as an evangelist with development communities to help them understand the value of containerized infrastructures and immutable infrastructure.
- Help support the Kubernetes environment if/when it's unhealthy.
- A passion for making developers more efficient through DevOps, CI/CD, and Infrastructure as Code
- 3 years experience developing software in an enterprise context... Groovy, Python, and/or Java preferred.
- Experience with container platforms. Ideally Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Communication skills necessary to work on a geographically distributed team.
- Experience using Jenkins for CI/CD
- Knowledge of application architectures and patterns. Particularly 12 factor, micro-services, and infrastructure as code
What's in it for you?
- Experience managing infrastructure, ideally as a Linux Admin
- Experience working in a SAFe, Kanban, or Scrum development methodology
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Artifactory
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience creating and manipulating YAML files
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and highperforming team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- 4 Weeks vacation