Senior Equities Business Analyst
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Business Analyst working in support of the Global Equities and Central Funding businesses, this role's initial focus will be to work with the QA/DEV team in Toronto and New York in their efforts on a major software upgrade (one of CMIT's largest projects). The person will wear multiple hats; as BA/QA. The role will present opportunities within the Sophis team, in terms of growth and projects in which to be involved. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Carry out analysis of regression & QA results and formally documenting the analysis/providing commentary to business users
- Work closely with QA and DEV team for root cause analysis for system upgrade GUI/batch test issues and breaks
- Generate requirements from the front office that will include complex business and financial solutions. This would involve frequent interaction with developers, project managers, front office, quants, and functions.
- Participate in design and analysis, including understanding deliveries encompassing pricing, risk, trade flow.
- Understand and document current and future state architecture and functional processes across the Equity derivatives business technology framework.
- Contribute to design and analysis of the trading platform, including understanding deliveries encompassing pricing, risk, trade flow.
- Work closely with Front Office, Quants, Market Risk, various support teams and other IT teams on a daily basis
- Self-motivated, excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work independently and take initiatives
- Sound product knowledge on equities or derivatives and a quick learner to catch up application knowledge
- 8+ Years Business analyst experience, including data analysis experience, such as assessing the data, performing data mining & mapping, defining data lineage & transformation rules
- Detailed financial knowledge within areas previously supported, in Equity products both cash and derivatives (Options, Futures, Swaps, Exotics, etc), ideally with experience in other asset classes as well (Fixed income, commodities, multi-asset), including pricing, risk and P&L.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, attribution, risks, greeks, and VaR
- In addition to business knowledge, also needs to have technical background and comfortable with programming/coding VBA, SQL, JSON etc.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
What's in it for you?
- Experience with 3rd party applications a plus (Sophis, Murex, Calypso, etc).
- General knowledge of front-to-back trade lifecycle: risk frameworks, market data, funding, collateral management, trade execution venues, etc.
- Good understanding of QA processes and Procedures
- Experience in Python or R for Data Analysis
- Experience in Microsoft Visio and Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence
- FRM or CFA a plus
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities