Senior IT Architect
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Architecture
covers TD's overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to join us to put their stamp on a domain or segment specialization while providing direction, guidance and governance on structure, design, technology applications and infrastructure. All of this feeds into our focus on developing, customizing and integrating systems. You'll be able to demonstrate how your valuable knowledge and guidance can strengthen technology team and business area understanding of architectural options and technology choices. If this reads to you like a role that's fundamentally important to TD's Architecture team and the organization as a whole, your instinct is right.
Day to day, your work will include:
- Creating effective partnerships on actionable and implementable data roadmaps & strategic industry leading or aligned positions for data principles, patterns, standards and models.
Guiding project teams to overcome challenges and unlock opportunities, explore new and improved ways to manage and govern data.
- Performing gap assessments and creating recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational data excellence.
- Assessing data solutions and championing better data-driven decision making, identification, diagnosis and reduction in data risks while increasing operational efficiencies, enabling mitigation and prevention of future risk events.
- Continuously improving data management practices, driving a well-managed and reliable data ecosystem as well as robust and scalable business intelligence.
- Championing the design of data structures consistent with industry standard data models for data at rest & data integration.
- Elevating the quality & capabilities of data technologies via adoption of data assets.
- Participating in and/or lead significant forums, steering committees.
- Providing data architecture and design leadership, direction & processes needed to support the realization of enterprise goals for Data Architecture. This includes governance, i.e. exercising veto rights to ensure alignment with data architecture direction and growth of design assets.
- Evangelizing, educating and coaching on fundamental aspects of data architecture and design.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- An Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate; Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years progressive Data Architecture experience.
- Deep expertise of the business processes & technology standards for leading/large organizations & across varied teams.
- Expert knowledge of business architecture, technology, tools, processes and procedures (at a broad level), as well as broader organization issues.
- Full proficiency on Data Architecture, industry standards and frameworks with proven record of delivered solutions, transformation and strategy.
- Fundamental knowledge of Integration Architecture and standards.
- Basic knowledge of data regulatory requirements and ability to evaluate data and technology risks.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills, problem analysis and troubleshooting, ability to present architectural options in business terms to IT and business staff (including executives).
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.