Senior Software Developer, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 67017
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be joining a team that's building a global design system. You'll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React as well as be part of the effort for modernizing all of our services, building micro services on the cloud. Are you the right person for this role?
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
• You have a deep pride in quality craftsmanship, with user centred design, that delights customers
• You are able to pivot and adapt to change
• You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
• You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion dollar financial industry on its head Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• You have 3-4 years of experience with one or more of the client-side JS frameworks such as, React, Redux, Angular, Knockout, Vue, Gulp, Grunt, WebPack, Polymer etc. Extensive knowledge or experience with ReactJS will be preferred.
• You've used modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor)
• You have server side coding experience with NodeJS or J2EE experience with maven, springs, calling REST APIs.
• You've built accessible and internationalized web applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
• You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial.
• You have experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Jira, etc.
• You have experience with Microsoft Azure/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) What's in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
• Free shuttle service to and from Union station
• Onsite cafeteria with a chef!
• Onsite fitness center
• This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
• We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Materials Science, Bank, Banking, Chemical Engineer, Technology, Science, Finance, Engineering