Senior Technical Specialist (SQL, SaaS)
Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multi-year investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. Key Accountabilities
- Partner, communicate, and negotiate to gather business and customer requirements and communicate effectively within and outside of technology
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Develop an understanding of organizational complexity to interact and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
- Decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assess the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/ decide on appropriate designs
- Independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement projects or major components of large projects
- Devise new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Design solutions, write code, perform unit testing, develop appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitate final delivery
- Build solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets , use the enterprise monitoring/logging and require minimal to zero maintenance
- Support production issues, including Independently complete root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Recommend or automate approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Promote adherence to standards and the common way (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Support the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Improves and Implements Process Improvements aligning to ITIL Guide Lines
- Supports contract renewals and supplier management process
- Leadership:Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Core: Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops). Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy.
- System Engineering: Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Testing/ Quality Assurance: Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets.
- Production Support: Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Make recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
Computer Science or Information Systems. Background:
Knowledge of a wide array of coding languages (e.g. COBOL, C, C#, C++, JAVA). Qualifications Core Knowledge
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
- Supplier & Relationship Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Process Mapping and Implementation
- Ability to write medium to complex SQL queries.
- Expert knowledge of PL/SQL
- System Integrations
- Knowledge SQL Database
- Knowledge in Coupa, Hiperos, Ariba
- Data warehousing Netezza, Hadoop
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financial or HCM modules, preferably R12.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.