Strategic Intelligence Analyst
The Strategic Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the collection, processing, and analysis of cyber threats affecting BMO. The Analyst will support the strategic intelligence function of BMO's cyber Threat Intelligence and Analytics team. Functions include research and production of timely, accurate, and actionable cyber threat intelligence analysis to support BMO decision makers and security operations personnel. Qualifications
We're here to help
- Participate in the acquisition, vetting, and validation of cyber threat intelligence from internal and external sources to assist in the production of strategic intelligence that supports security operations and informs decision makers
- Conduct intelligence collection planning and collection management functions
- Research and produce threat intelligence analysis briefs on cyber threats to BMO for internal leadership and operational stakeholders
- Produce rapid-response situational awareness intelligence reporting
- Responsibilities include conducting basic threat research, analysis, reporting and threat mitigation activities during steady state operations.
- Outstanding analytic and critical thinking skills. Must be able to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Familiarity with structured analytical techniques is an asset.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of research experience in a professional capacity preferred, ideally in intelligence analysis. Government intelligence experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional research, analysis and writing skills, preferably in intelligence or security related matters.
- Familiarity with cyber security principles and issues preferred. Cyber security certifications or equivalent demonstrable experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, team player with good interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with initiative and independently under pressure. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills - Ability to efficiently organize, sort, and process large amount of information.
- Ability to multi-task and complete a variety of time sensitive assignments.
- Ability to read and write a second language other than English is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of networks, computers and cyber security is an asset.
- Knowledge of banks and the financial service sector is a plus.
- Expert or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and SharePoint.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.