Team Leader, Income Tax
What is the opportunity?
The team specializes in assisting Estate & Trust Services Relationship Managers by providing efficient, accurate and quality client service. Key client service elements include preparing an estate asset summary and income tax preparation. The Team Leader will assist and support Relationship Managers by providing income tax technical support and by preparing Estate income tax returns. Quality, attention to detail and meeting key milestones are paramount. Team play, collaboration and developing inter-personal relationships are important skills for success. Please visit: https://royaltrust.rbcwealthmanagement.com/en/?_ga=2.122832779.1643315890.1576080610-1375041207.1534884650 https://royaltrust.rbcwealthmanagement.com/en/ for more information. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Participates in preparing and reviewing Estate Summaries of Estate assets and liabilities.
- Prepares and reviews estate income tax returns (T-1D, T-3)
- Acts as income tax resource person for clients and internal partners
- Proactively maintains timely written, verbal and electronic communication internally and with external contacts
- Identifies, investigates and resolves all inquiries as required, and collaborates with other Team Leaders.
- Coaches and mentors a small team
- Leverages the use of technology to maximize efficiencies and ensures that all files are appropriately documented.
- Exercises due diligence in following procedures relative to RBC policy, and E&T procedures and guidelines.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Accounting designation or equivalent
- Canadian Securities Course, or willingness to complete in 1 year
- Estate Income Tax preparation experience
- Excellent written/verbal/electronic communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Estate administration experience
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services