Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) manages TD Bank's Canadian and US P&C's non-trading market risk, consolidated liquidity risk (trading and non-trading) and capital positions. In addition, TBSM operates the Bank's funding, securitization, and capital management programs, and is responsible for the Bank's investment portfolios.
The Liquidity Risk Management (LRM) group's mandate is to manage the Bank's liquidity position for the Retail Bank (Canada) and Wholesale Bank in accordance with the global liquidity risk management framework, and to manage collateral requirements to ensure proper end-of-day settlement of CAD and USD cash with central banks. In addition, the group manages the transfer pricing of liquidity costs and credits to the Wholesale Bank and market risk of the Wholesale Bank liquidity book. Delivering on this mandate involves measuring and managing changes in TD's Retail and Wholesale Bank cash flows, liquidity levels, collateral pledging requirements, wholesale funding profile and future needs - under normal and stressed conditions - relative to approved internal limits and the emerging global and regional regulatory liquidity standards. The LRM team also contributes to enterprise initiatives; including the Enterprise Wide Stress Test (EWST), the delivery of liquidity and funding aspects of the Bank's Crisis Management Recovery Plan (CMRP) and Resolution Plan as required by Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). The LRM team works closely with other teams within TBSM and a variety of risk, finance and business areas from TD's Retail and Wholesale bank in both Canada and the US. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Wholesale FTP in TBSM. Job Description
This position offers an excellent opportunity to further develop and leverage relevant business experience, strategic thinking, relationship management skills and analytic abilities to contribute to the Liquidity Risk Management function within TBSM. This is a unique opportunity to learn about the Bank's LRM paradigm and apply it to the Wholesale Banking Business. The role offers an avenue to gain knowledge of the TDS Wholesale Business and the various financial products it trades in, along with the subsequent liquidity risks inherent. The focus of this position is to support Wholesale Liquidity Transfer Pricing team and allocate liquidity premium to TDS businesses. The team interacts with many TDS business and this position will be asked to lead the conversation in developing and implement new business initiatives and products within the Liquidity Transfer Pricing framework. Understanding the Bank's businesses and balance sheet structure are integral to the position, as is managing large amounts of data to refine requirements, understanding and communicating drivers of liquidity premium changes, and producing succinct reports to senior management.
• Taking a leading role in assessing TDS' liquidity risk and its impact to FTP, including understanding and attributing movement in key liquidity risk measures (LCR, NCCF, LRM, and NSFR) and their prospective asset profiles. This entails building a strong relationship with the Funding desk and Business partners to avoid unexpected.
• Working with various partners to ensure that liquidity treatment as determined by Business Line Reviews are implemented, such that key liquidity risks inherent can be captured, forecasted/instructed for and transfer priced accordingly.
• Delivering on Senior Management requests regarding to upcoming liquidity needs for the business and actions being taken.
• Opine on liquidity and FTP implications on new business initiatives/product launches.
• Support bank-wide liquidity initiatives, including the Bank's recovery/resolution planning, enterprise-wide stress testing, and liquidity roadshows to external agencies as required.
• Monitor and ensure that appropriate policies, procedures and accountabilities are documented and followed for internal and external audit purposes. Coordinate with other teams and business areas to perform periodical assumptions and methodologies review.
• Provide required ad-hoc analysis to support initiatives required for the Global Liquidity & Funding Committee (GLF). Requirements
• Strong knowledge of and experience in working with financial derivatives and fixed income products, with an understanding on how they impact funding actions or risk management.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills and a high degree of organizational awareness.
• Superior communication skill, and an ability to manage productive relationships with business partners and stakeholders.
• High level understanding of the Bank's Balance Sheet compositions, including sources and uses of funding (secured vs unsecured funding, short-term vs long-term).
• Understanding of the Wholesale banking business, Fixed Income & Money Market instruments, Derivatives (such as bonds, futures, forwards, options, and swaps), the valuation of these instruments, and how they are used to manage balance sheet risks.
• Attention to detail with strong aptitude to learn and promote operational efficiency.
• Ability to find, analyze and synthesize complex information - both quantitative and qualitative - and a commitment to continuous improvement of processes and content.
• Quantitative modelling skills and scenario analysis, coupled with knowledge of best practices as it pertains to database and spreadsheet building
• Ability to work independently and in teams to produce and deliver high quality results.
• Strong knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint; VBA, SQL and Access is an asset.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in banking industry preferably in liquidity management, Treasury/Finance, or a collateral management role. Additional Information
An undergraduate degree, preferably in Mathematics, Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Risk Management or equivalent business experience. Post-Secondary schooling and/or CFA designation an asset. #LI-POST Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.