Associate, Client Onboarding
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 17 Nov 18
The mandate of the Client Onboarding team is to provide a consistent and centralized support model across Capital Markets. The team’s primary responsibilities are to proactively source and collate information/documentation that expedites the completion of the internal due diligence processes. The Client Onboarding function, in liaison with the line of businesses, clients, legal, credit, compliance, tax, operations, etc. is designed to centrally capture onboarding and related change requests in order to enable transactions and provide notice to the business and clients of when they are approved to transact.
1. Coordinate and facilitate new client requests across Capital Markets; providing a centralized point of contact and data collection for the client as well as the Line of Business and all supporting areas such as Credit, Legal, Operations, etc.
2. Improving the clients’ experience upon entering into a relationship with the bank by making the process more efficient, seamless and transparent.
3. Stewardship of client onboarding process from the initiation of the request to the final completion of the account opening, ensuring the appropriate level of information sharing, priority placement and collaboration is followed by all partner groups involved in the process while providing transparency of current status of the request to the Line of Business and the client.
4. Provide guidance to Line of Business and support areas for resolving client or specific market segment/regulatory onboarding issues and challenges
5. Ensure all clients are completely set up to trade from both a regulatory standpoint as well as to meet all internal requirements
6. Assist both Line of Business and Clients with the regulatory adherence process. (NAFMII, FATCA / CRS, Dodd-Frank, , Canadian OTC Derivatives Reporting, MIFiD, etc. as applicable)
7. Contribute to weekly/monthly client status reporting to all stakeholders
8. Provide notification to all internal teams of new client and all related information – creating a seamless hand-off to support teams.
9. Assist with the implementation of technology to help streamline the front to back process.
The nature of this role will shift over time as the business mix and structure of BMO Asia changes and grows.
Knowledge and Skills
• An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of Finance, International Business, Operations, Business Law
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry in Operations, KYC, Trading Support or Sales role.
• Working knowledge of trading products across Capital Markets
• Working knowledge of the competitive market place, trends and regulations in the industry
• Knowledge of NAFMII, FATCA/CRS, Dodd-Frank, Canadian OTC Derivatives Reporting and MIFiD would be an asset
• Proven ability to conceptualize business and stakeholder initiatives and to guide those initiatives as daily business requirements for the group
• Excellent level of relationship management, interpersonal skills and the ability to strategically and ethically leverage these relationships in a demanding environment
• Exceptional ability to independently manage multiple priorities and to proactively service multiple internal clients in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work under a demanding schedule with limited supervision. Strong skills for prioritization.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Ability to review, assess and provide detailed information daily
• Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
• Strong skills to resolve competing priorities internally and drive for resolutions to ensure that customer experience is optimized at all times.
• Ability to build credibility and trust within the organization and promote the COB function as a reliable client facing portal for BMO