Financial Reporting Assc
Alternative Investments Financial Reporting Specialist
Responsible for preparing and analyzing periodic (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) financial statements in accordance with U.S. Investment Company GAAP requirements for alternative investment funds (Hedge, Private Equity and Real Estate).
Set up and maintain reporting binders for each fund during a reporting cycle:
- Ensure all documentation used to calculate and support all financial statement disclosures is received and is accurate. Research and resolve all issues as applicable.
Prepare periodic financial statements:
- Perform planning procedures in order to identify any issues prior to the reporting cycle commencing and work with applicable parties to resolve.
- Perform a detailed review of the general ledger balances, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties.
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements.
- Draft financial statements disclosures based on generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP") requirements.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on knowledge and experience obtained during preparation process.
- Ensure adherence to the financial statements production calendar.
Coordinate distribution of financial statements:
- Assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations.
Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from external (and internal) parties. Ensure the timely research, resolution and processing of comments.
Test new Financial Reporting applications and financial statement templates. Identify and resolve issues as they arise. Suggest process improvements (enhanced automation, etc.).
• University degree in accounting/finance required
• Accounting designation enrollment is an asset
• Knowledge of preparation of financial statements (IFRS and US GAAP) is an asset
• Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word)
• Effective communication skills (oral and written)
• Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Overtime may be required