Associate Director, Product Specialist, Credit Risk Solutions
JobDescription : The Team:
S&P Global Market Intelligence's Product Specialist organization supports S&P Global's objective of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally. The Impact:
A Senior Credit Specialist is to drive the product success and sales growth in the region through leveraging deep industry experience, core product knowledge and confident communication. Reporting to the Head of the Product Specialists in the region, the role will be accountable for partnering sales in complex and strategic opportunities.
is to help Sales Executives and Relationship Managers to monetize and leverage S&P Global's Risk Service capabilities, by providing expert knowledge of credit assessment tools and credit risk management capabilities: S&P Ratings research and methodology, Credit Assessment Scorecards, quantitative credit (PD) Models, credit and risk management methodologies, Market Intelligence content and financial daad to serve clients in managing complex credit risk and other critical risk management areas.
In addition to Credit Solutions products (RatingsDirect and RatingsXpress), a specific area of focus will be the Credit Analytics business that combines a suite of analytical tools (Credit Model, PD Model Fundamentals, PD Model Market Signals, Credit Health Panel, Scorecards) with workflow solutions for CROs, CFOs, Credit Analysts, Credit Risk Managers, Investment Analysts to assess and monitor the risk of counterparties and to identify opportunities in the market to extend credit, invest in fixed income, underwrite specialty insurance policies, price intercompany loans or raise debt capital. What's in it for you:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the credit products of one the most well recognized brands in the world, learning about the technical aspects and best practices of how creditworthiness for counterparty risk is assessed.
- This is a young team within Asia-Pacific, allowing the successful applicant to help set the standard of performance and shape the future direction for the product specialist team.
- This role provides great exposure to a broad range of clients and prospects, including global and regional regulators and policy makers.
- The role also provides room for publication of thought leadership pieces, which can be presented in many of the conferences that we participate in.
What We're Looking For:
- Develops market specific campaigns and strategic initiatives across multiple client segments for driving revenue growth for segment-specific sales.
- Develops and implements improvement initiatives and standardizes strategies to improve sales revenues. Oversees collaboration with commercial, product and other functional partners.
- Ensures the alignment of team efforts to sales strategy. Stays well connected to strategic customers in the market.
- Aligns with commercial strategy and helps team design and execute strategic pre-sales/post-sales implementation plans. Promotes S&P Global Market Intelligence thought leadership.
- Serves as subject matter expert across functional groups. Collaborates internally to design and deliver training across functional teams and where required deliver client workshops.
- Continues to build on advanced knowledge of the industry and awareness of market trends in the China including keeping abreast of the latest regulatory changes.
- Build a demonstrated proficiency in all S&P Global Market Intelligence credit capabilities.
- Maintain a keen awareness of competitors and relative strengths.
- In depth knowledge of client segment workflows: Corporates, Investment Management, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking and Private Equity.
- Ability to design and lead complex negotiations of client workflow solutions. Focuses on more sophisticated and complex clients engagements.
- Mentors team members and liaises with senior commercial management regarding technical challenges for prospects and clients.
- Establishes internal stakeholder relationships with sales representatives, relationship managers, product managers, marketing and commercial directors to diagnose, design and deliver workflow solutions for more complex clients.
- Provides inputs to Product teams based on market/client feedback on our various credit products to help improve and innovate our product offerings
- Bring a unique dimension to a high performing team through solid credit knowledge and is required to perform as a critical resource for functional teams.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree with an MBA, advanced industry certification (CA, CFA, FRM), or technical degree is a plus.
- 3-10 years relevant industry experience and a proven track record in complex technical sales.
- Minimum of 5 years in sales or product, preferably in credit research and risk management
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing in both Mandarin and English. Public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization
- Experience in a direct credit risk assessment/management, A lending role or consulting.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important - some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk, Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with the conviction. S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.