See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm’s capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management’s unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture Background on the Position
The role will reside within Operational Risk Department (ORD) area which is a team dedicated to provide analysis and documentation support for ORD’s senior coverage team and is an integrated part of global ORD’s data analytics and decision support function, based in Shanghai, China. Primary Responsibilities
The selected individual will require working closely with teams at all levels of the organization within ORD, including frequent communication with various stakeholders such as the senior operational risk coverage managers in New York/London/Hong Kong/Tokyo.
Depending on business needs, the selected individual will provide support to global ORD’s major work-streams and will be assigned with 2-3 postings during this 3-year Analyst Program. Possible posting destinations would include but are not limited to:
• Data Monitoring: provides Internal Loss Data, Issues & Actions, External Loss Data monitoring. The team also provides support for facilitation and execution of the Firm’s global Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program and quality assurance of Key Control designation.
• Operational Risk Metrics: supports the Top Operational Risk Metrics Program, Conduct Risk Metrics Program, Firm Legal Entity Risk Reporting, Business Environment Reporting, US Banks Key Risk Indicator (KRI) and Wealth Management KRI monitoring, etc.
• Operational Mapping: supports the Firm’s Operational Mapping Program which provides a detailed inventory of the non-financial resources (e.g., services, applications, vendors) required by the Firm’s Critical Operations, Core Business Lines and Material Entities.
• Strategic Business Analytics: provides data analytics and assists senior operational risk coverage managers via qualitative review of risk data including internal/external incidents and Issues to identify risk themes. Qualifications: Skills Required
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; comfortable when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Team player Skills Preferred
• Advanced VBA and BI tool skill Experience
• Fresh university graduate with less than 2 years of full time working experience in no more than one financial institution or consulting firm
• Bachelor’s degree required; finance, accounting, economics or any analytical discipline preferred