Senior Manager Country Systems Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Scope of Role:
- To manage the provision of 1 st & 2 nd line technical support for systems users in China, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services.
- To work with the respective Technology Service Managers to develop, drive and deliver technical support consistent with the Technology strategy.
- To provide leadership and direction for technical support staff in SCB China locations to drive service excellence by recruiting, developing talented staff and providing them with appropriate infrastructure etc.
- To ensure that technology support is delivered effectively in China with demonstrable Client focus in support of our objective to become core bank to our clients.
- To enforce technological and operational governance by making sure compliance of local regulatory policies and SCB policies. Conduct regular review to identify gaps and risks. Define and execute remediation plan to close outstanding issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Accountable for 1 st & 2 nd line support for all users within CHINA, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion
- To manage technical support for all business products. Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch's (OS and Virus).
- To manage vendors including on site support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas, networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- To create and present written and verbal proposals to IT and business resources to ensure all work-undertaken meets budgeted costs and Technology standards.
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Accountable for the enforcement of Technology strategies and standards in all branches in China including ensuring risk / compliance and security / build standards are followed
- Accountable for regional consistency over all locations (where appropriate) ensuring all staff are aware of standard process's (OAT etc)
- Accountable for technical resource management and communication within China (BAU and project responsibilities)
- Manage high severity problem co-ordination with local vendors / resources and ensure management are updated with relevant information.
- Ensure relevant Post mortem attendance and ownership of actions
- Work with relevant service managers and domain heads SIP and fix initiatives
- To run required team meetings and output the required reports.
Technical - Must have:
- Strong PC / Server applications knowledge
- Strong knowledge of market information systems and services
- Strong knowledge of Banks end to end systems within region
- Strong understanding of telecommunications
- Strong will to achieve business objectives
- Project Management skills
- Clear understanding of IT security and standards policies.
Non Technical - Must have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Process Driven
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Very good communications skills
- Completing tasks within deadlines
- Must be able to manage a distributed workforce.
- Must be able to coach staff
- Man management of external (vendor) resources
- Ability to train operational staff in new procedures
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be able to prioritise tasks
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.