Software Engineer Automotive
To work as part of a project team to develop, deliver and support products for the automotive domain within China. Expected to a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in core development techniques. To learn current technologies used at IHS Markit Automotive and potentially new technologies in developing solutions. Must be flexible enough to support all roles in a DevOps environment as required including direct contact with customers.
General Job Duties
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout the development cycle.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Work with team members to ensure optimal solutions are delivered.
- Ensure all data and operational tasks are completed to allow provision of IHSM solutions.
- Support the team in enabling new data feeds and new customers onto the IHSM product.
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Product Support as required.
- Worked in cloud solutions (AWS preferable)
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with programming languages, programming techniques, web development technologies and use of databases.
- Aware of coding procedures, functions and triggers using Oracle PLSQL
- Experienced in working with relational and non-relational database concepts in their integration with applications, Graphical User Interface, and service oriented architecture.
- Experience of working in a cloud based environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies.
- Experience in the automotive domain.
- Experience with Automotive dealer DMS or CRM systems
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- English language skills preferable
- Reports directly to production management.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
- Contributes significantly to architecture and design activities of development team.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.