Technology - Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Deputy Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) role reports to the local CAO.
The deputy would be responsible for key activities supporting our offices real-estate strategy including,
Key recruitment activities including:
1. Partnering with HR and Tech management on the campus recruitment message and branding events
2. Supporting school captains in organizing campus events to promote Morgan Stanley
3. Ensuring fair representation from all divisions in campus activities, phone and in-person interviews, as well as assessment centers.
4. Support key branding and recruitment events such as WIT to attract diverse talent from the market place.
Key Development Activities:
1. Ensure mentoring committees and forums meet regularly so all key staff have an appropriate and effective mentor
2. Hosting the mobility advisors forum to find good matches for all staff seeking mobility
Key Engagement Activities
1. Working with Tech Comms to organize a quarterly Open Forum for the GIC
2. Working with Corporate comms on key communications annually that can be placed externally
3. Authoring with Tech Comms the monthly newsletters and key content with Tech management. Qualifications:
1. Must be Organized, accurate and dependable, with ability to multi-task and be motivated to work on a broad range of activities, from strategic through to tactical
2. Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written)
3. High integrity, high empathy, great relationship building skills.
4. Strong organizational and prioritization skills
5. Ability to work well independently and in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization