Business (Data) Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Elicit data requirements from stakeholders and analyse them by applying structured methodologies
- Act as data SME (subject matter expert), team with development team to propose and implement the solutions on big data platform
- Owner of requirement documents: prepare the document, collect input, get sign-off, and track the changes
- Owner of data testing: prepare the testing case, conduct testing, and support business user on final user acceptance testing
- Support the project manager in developing the project related documents when required
- Effectively communicate requirements to stakeholders including both business and technology team
- Work closely with the project manager and development lead to understand underlying risks, issues and dependencies, and support projects through to successful delivery and implementation
- Lead data analysis practice ongoing improvement and contribute team solution improvement
- May carry leadership role in overall project delivery in some cases with support from development team
Good to have skills and experience:
- Working experience in banking industry, especially in domains of regulatory reporting/ compliance/ audit/ Ops/ Finance. 2-5 years' experience as BA is preferred
- Familiar with financial products and in-depth knowledge in at least 1 or 2 areas
- SQL skill is a must, experience on hive, data warehouse is a plus
- Strong communication skills including English speaking and writing
- Customer-focused approach and attention to details. Proven ability to manage stakeholders and challenge appropriately.
- A team player; multi-culturally aware with proven success working with cross-functional project teams in global service delivery model (with onshore and offshore resources)
- End to end project life cycle experience. A good understanding of SDLC and business process improvement.
- Data analytic: statistics, SAS, etc
- Data visualization & Reporting tools such as Tableau
- Basic programming skills: Python, PL/SQL, etc
- Data warehouse, BI reporting, Big data project background
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .