- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Delivery Manager - Tech
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Delivery Manager - TechAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Project Related Competencies
Solution Development and Delivery
• Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
• Applies significant knowledge of business in bank and developments to improve service to our clients.
• Reviews work of development team.
• Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
Technical Effort Management
• Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements with high-quality.
• Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
• experience with more than one project with Agile and related tools.
• Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
• Communicates and enforces coding standards
• Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
Career Path Core Competencies
• Understands database concepts and design techniques.
• Understands the benefits of the various programming languages, private cloud and dev-ops concept.
• Possesses significant knowledge of UI using AJAX with RESTful APIs (JSON/XML) and Web Service end-points.
• More than 5 years related experience.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with development team.
• Keeps development team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Facilitates effective team interaction.
• Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors developers and senior developers
• Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
• Challenges fellow innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Leads internal teams/task forces.
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.