Manager - Cash management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead the UAT team in building a stronger relationship with the different stake holders from the Group Product, Country Product, Country / CSG / CMS teams, Technology and other Operations teams.
- Follow up and Lead initiatives to automate the manual processes.
- Lead all initiatives and be flexible in the way we work.
- Focus on proving that we are here for good.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all the relevant stake holders to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon;
- Fully Support in Initiating & implementing service quality initiatives
- Uphold the values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in timeliness to the standards prescribed for the process from time to time.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations and Company and Group Policies. Identifying exceptions from the norms & initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures and Sanctions to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- Where applicable, ensure compliance to Group and Country Regulations are managed to the extent agreed with the Countries and ensure that the team adheres to the same.
- Have a thorough understand of the Cash Management business.
- Finalize and conduct User Acceptance Testing cases, share the test cases with relevant stakeholders and ensure review comments are acted upon.
- Work with product development team and product management team to finalize complex solution offerings for local and global clients.
- Support reconciliation process wherever exceptions are notified.
- People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure provision of ongoing training and development and cross training in different products, to larger teams and ensure that team members are suitably skilled and qualified with effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Update the Proficiency Grid with all the products being handled and monitor the same for all the staff in the team.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Promoting an environment where all team members develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute ideas with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- Risk Management
- Responsible for the Audit and Risk Control Standards associated with Cash Services operations.
- To proactively monitor and manage operational risks, system risks and channel risks of the products and to highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and risk exception reporting.
- Ensure that the team must not share System ID and maintain secrecy of passwords.
- Delegation of Authority (DOA) must be adhered to without any deviations.
- Ensure that the SLAs are reviewed and signed off before the expiry date.
- Unit must be in audit preparedness / ready at any point of time.
- Assist in the Process risk review for the unit by identifying the risk areas, compensating controls to be implemented and followed.
- AML procedure to be complied with and all reporting as per Group requirement must be done within the agreed time frame.
- Provide oversight across three hubs, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in eOps to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business Strategy and Model / Dimensions:
- Performance of Self and the Team (in terms of accuracy / timelines).
- Suitable analysis of performance & utilization thereof for generating adequate MIS for appropriate forums.
- Service quality.
- Knowledge of various products and services offered.
- Audit rating.
- Contribution to Product &/or Process Development.
- Contribution to improved Technological support.
- Training (suggests / conducts).
- Focus and Discipline
- Build performance culture
- Customer Focussed
- Living our values
- Possess solid operations experience in Transaction Banking.
- Sound knowledge on Rapid cash operations is required.
- Experience in Cash Management and Account Services.
- Experience in working in global operations centre.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written).
- Ability to think out-of-the box and problem solving driven.
- Team player, ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Should have knowledge of the systems used.
- Should be fully aware of associated Operational Risks.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain good relationship within the unit and external contacts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.