Senior Support Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for successful initiating, planning, executing of projects and engagement of key stakeholders. Ensure the delivery of each milestone and regular updates to global teams or senior management group.
- Support and facilitate global teams to deliver projects, act as SPOC for Financial Markets domain to communicate with central program team and raise concerns on behalf of FM domain.
- Manage ad-hoc projects in limited time and propose solutions to senior management, deliver the projects with good results in a timely manner.
- Review program / project status to escalate risks, issues and delays, execution challenges to ensure that impediments/blockers are resolved in a timely manner.
- Find out the blockers of each project, engage different teams with right channels and understand who/which team is the right contact to do what, propose continuous improvement plan for senior management where required.
- Collaboration with application production support team, train and coach teams in different regions on New Ways of Working and champion the use of agile tools and methods, foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and learning.
- Collaborate with partner teams e.g. Dev teams, project managers, to initiate and implement process improvement on incident and change management, experience of DevOps would be a strong plus.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in computer science related
- Experience in large scale project management. Project management industry certification (PMP or CSM) would be a plus.
- Practitioner knowledge of AGILE and SCRUM.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, can visualize the solution for management for decision making.
- Sound knowledge on project management skill, has experience leading high-profile projects with global teams and managing sponsors and stakeholders with competing priorities
- Good understanding of technology support systems used within the local environment.
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritize issues and resolve them efficiently with flexibility and responsiveness in handling changing priorities
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationships and team environment with a multi-cultural awareness.
- Excellent communicator in written and spoken Chinese and English, ability to simultaneously " see the big picture " and manage the details on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, able to influence partner groups and key stakeholders.
- Self-motivator, energetic team player; able to work collaboratively and motivate others to achieve high standards
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .