We are a consultancy/executive search firm with a difference and with high demand.
Our role is to help and build investment division, structure, and create a competitive advantage for them. This is for someone to have the confidence to build in a greenfield environment. Coverage areas of interest: France + United Kingdom + the USA + Asia
This person will build out areas within our existing portfolio and build new lines within the investment management area. We have a strong emphasis on Portfolio Trading and Quantitative Research so this person must have a strong network with portfolio managers, traders, and with C-Suite level individuals and Investors.
We specialize in identifying high-caliber mid to executive professionals & teams who are relevant to the investment management industry, working for both the buy-side and sell-side across all asset classes. We build funds within a Fund, look at investments for interesting strategies i.e for a person, team, or firm, and hire talented individuals to make a difference to our client's objectives across all asset classes. Our role is to help and build investment division, structure, and create a competitive advantage for them.
Coverage areas of interest: France + United Kingdom + the USA + Asia
· Hedge Funds -(Across all asset classes - Portfolio Trading & Trading Strategies )
· Investment Banking & Asset Management - Front Office / Markets
· Business Development and pipeline the business development
· Research companies bottom-up and calculate conclusions
· Understanding of Asset Allocation and exposure to M&A
· Daily report on trends, economical changes in the fund world
· This person must have had some work experience
· Creating reports on new fund opening, and overall investment firms in general that need to be targeting
· Conducting calls/meetings with institutional clients and prospects, such as Family Offices, Fund of Funds, Private Banks, Pension Funds, Endowments, Consultants, and HNWI across Europe and USA.
· Creating/pitching to investors and creating partnerships
· Work and market pitch books of trading strategies
· Capital Introduction - (for Hedge fund related topic - Fund analytics, relationship with brokers/investors & Asset allocators I.e institutional clients, PE, asset and wealth management and family office)
· Handle Investment Relations with investors for subscription and redemption of shares
· Marketing and strategic business development initiative
· Create strong brand awareness globally
· An extensive network of industry relationships, with a proven track record of managing the sales process to successful closure, analysing products, and exceeding goals with an emphasis on quality and performance.
· Strong communicator building diverse relationships and conceptualizing ideas that require an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Develop and maintain critical Fund CRM updates (on existing CRM systems) and tracking tools
· Maintain Investment Fund profiles, list of target Fund relationships, and Fund profiles (AuM; investment criteria)
· Conducting client reviews and being responsible for the production of materials summarising client coverage (to support banker initiatives, client meetings, strategy off-sites)
· Developing (over time) a good understanding of the clients and their business models (will include listed companies, government entities, family-owned and private equity-backed companies, hedge funds, investment firms, alternative capital managers, broker dealers etc)
· Keep a record of known Fund investments and investee companies (post-restructuring)
· Record of meetings held (including access to sector banker input)
· Track reciprocity with the hedge funds
· Opportunities shown to funds across EMEA (financing/other/access to sector bankers)
· The monthly process to track fees which the Funds pay us globally
· Updating marketing materials for external use, consolidating, reviewing, and managing internal data for investors upon request
· Business development in key areas of expertise and grow a team around them
· Hedge Fund research and Due diligence
· Be ahead of competition i.e by research, analyze key players in the market, strong instinct on knowing key investment talent
· Understand and work with potential investors' needs, find the right strategies which will be a right fit for the investor
· Provides support to hedge fund managers in terms of consulting and asset raising for seed
· Understanding of investors and where they are looking to allocate, establishing investors’ real interests, match clients with those investors whose interests most closely align with their strategies.
· Knowledgeable and network with alternative investors globally
· Key relationships with investors
· Strong experience in consulting with c-suite managers (strategy design/negotiation, positioning/competition, distribution)
· Strong focus on Research - Hedge Fund/ Trading strategies, portfolio / quantitative trading be ahead in administrative related tasks and have structure
· The lead marketing side of the business
· First Full term position - CEDI program
· Close communication with Analysts and Traders to better understand market environments and stay on top of the latest market news/activity.
· Self-starter - can work within a start-up mentality
· Go through daily pitch books and analyze and report
· Quantitative understanding - can understand all asset classes
· Actively participates in all team meetings; actively shares ideas and concepts.
· Knowledgeable on how to use databases - encore (ensures database integrity/data quality).
· Leading the business development of new clients’ (Asset Managers, Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, PE, Wealth Managers, official institutions)
· Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities, maintain contacts and networks
· Actively participates in networking groups and other business and community programs to increase skill knowledge.
· Ensures all hiring paperwork is filled out thoroughly and all required background checks when required by the client.
· Can communicate with Fund Managers, CEOs, Investors, and all Board levels - define plans & objectives
Location: Paris or London
REFER A FRIEND
If you're interested in this opportunity, forward you're CV ASAP. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information or have a confidential discussion please contact Shanaz Rob - call on +44 (0)203 603 4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details