Senior Business Analyst - ESG Solutions
Job Description Moody's ESG Solutions group is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to support esg-related product development initiatives. You will serve as the primary contact with key stakeholders to elicit requirements, validate requirements and keep relevant parties informed and engaged throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will regularly work with the product strategy team, design leads, program management and development teams to drive the execution of key deliverables.
- Support business requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for products and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across Moody's ESG Solutions
- Author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, and business system concept documents
- Partner with internal and external vendors to ensure best practices around cross-system data continuity, data hygiene, and application functionality definition
- Resolve requirements conflicts between business units or between business and technology with support from the Product Strategy and Program Management leads
- Serve as product owner for scrum teams including sizing, team capacity, leading daily scrums, regular reporting on status and escalation as needed. Work to remove roadblocks and ensure dependencies are in view and managed
- Contribute to project planning and project status activities
- Conduct usability testing to ensure the service and product meets the user's needs
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or equivalent experience required; IT or related technical field is highly preferred.
- Understanding of ESG data and analytics (preferred); ability to train and learn quickly in areas with little prior experience
- Strong experience in design thinking and agile product development required
- 5 + years in system/business analysis experience
- Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
- Client focused, proactive and results oriented with ability to support clients across multiple locations
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.