Senior Database Engineer (m/f/x)Division Shared Services
- Support database instances according to defined policies, processes and procedures
- Develop and document standard operating procedures and general technical documentation
- Automate deployment, configuration, patching and maintenance of database systems and related products
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, capture incident data and root cause analysis
- Database design and implementation (architecture, high availability, schema optimizations, etc.)
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations
This is what we offer
- Good understanding of Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MariaDB and Cassandra databases, related utilities and tools
- A good understanding of Windows and Linux operating system and strong PowerShell and Unix shell scripting
- Extensive knowledge and skills in programming: PowerShell, Python, bash, Java, SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Ansible or similar configuration management software - such as Terraform, Puppet, etc.
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture
- Further professional and personal development at one of the world's leading providers of payment processing
- An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects and a chance for promotion in a successful company that is growing strongly
- A modern workplace with additional company benefits such as a canteen, fitness area, incentives and staff events
Wirecard is one of the world's fastest growing digital platforms in the financial commerce sector. Our teams, with more than 5,600 employees located in over 26 countries worldwide, develop innovative technologies and cutting-edge payment solutions.
As an international employer with a presence on every continent, we offer you a wide range of opportunities to further your personal and professional growth. We are pioneers in the digital payment industry and always on the lookout for new talent to strengthen our global, visionary team. No matter which department or level you join-with us, you will have the opportunity to actively transform the future of payment.
Together we are able to continually develop - as individuals, as a team, as Wirecard.
Check out all open positions at www.wirecard.com/careers, and follow us on Twitter @wirecard, Facebook @wirecardgroup, and Instagram @wirecard_global
Have we awakened your interest? If so, please use our short online form to send us your application.