- Berlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- PER, Private Equity Recruitment
Associates, Expanding Scandinavian Private Equity Growth Firm, Berlin, Germany
Reference: 74546 /19M
A great chance to join an extremely successful entrepreneurial Scandinavian private equity firm as an Associate. You will be based in their new Berlin office, working on late-stage growth investments in the DACH region and beyond
Our client is a long-established growth investor focusing on technology-enabled companies in Northern Europe. They have an excellent track-record and newly raised capital to invest across various sectors from consumer and software to industrial technology and energy. The firm has already made several strong portfolio investments in Germany and are now establishing an office in Berlin to extend their deal flow further in the German-speaking region. Entrepreneurial, smart Associate level candidates with a passion for technology and growth investments will have the chance to join one of Europe’s most successful growth investors and help them develop their presence in Germany. The position will be based in Berlin with regular travel across domestic and international markets.
- You will work closely with senior team members on all aspects of the deal life cycle – from sourcing and analysis through to closing the deal.
- On a daily basis you will be responsible for in-depth financial analysis and the management of due diligence work streams.
- From day one you will play an important part in sourcing deals and building a strong network in the market. The firm need natural networkers and people who can win trust and inspire fruitful partnerships.
- You will be directly involved in portfolio management; furthering growth initiatives at the portfolio firms and eventually leading them to a successful exit. This will include taking board seats from an early stage in your career with the firm.
- This is a position with a dynamic long-term career path; you will be expected to take on more responsibility quickly to further establish the firm’s name in the German market.
- Initial transaction experience from a major strategy consultancy, investment bank or a corporate venture firm. Alternatively, you may have gained hands-on operational and entrepreneurial experience either through having founded your own firm or at another start-up.
- Personality is key – the firm wish to hire humble stars, high-calibre candidates who are looking to make a long-term impact on the firm and play a key role in establishing the new Berlin office specifically.
- Genuine passion for technology companies and growth investing in Europe are a must. You are well-networked in the technology growth space and will be able to contribute significantly to the sourcing of new deal opportunities.
- You are a humble team-player with an entrepreneurial mind-set and a hands-on working attitude. You have excellent interpersonal skills helping you to liaise with senior team members and management teams alike.
- Native-level German skills and excellent English are required. Additional languages will be helpful but not mandatory.
Recruiters Reference: 74546 /19M