See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about financial and regulatory questions? Are you fascinated about working in a fast-paced environment covering a broad range of different responsibilities? Do you have strong analytical and communication skills and do you work detail-oriented? We are looking for a professional to join our Controllers team in Frankfurt in the regulatory reporting areas. OUR IMPACT
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution.
The Controllers Team in Frankfurt is responsible for ensuring that the financial and regulatory requirements of our German entities are met, in accordance with statutory and firm requirements. The team also provides the business with advice on German regulations and plays a key role in new product implementations. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Regulatory Reporting Associate you will be responsible for:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Regulatory reporting including capital adequacy, and statistical reports for the Goldman Sachs entities in Germany
- Calculating components of the regulatory capital position and large exposures for the German bank entity on a daily basis
- Implementation of changes in the European/German regulatory framework
- Addressing ad hoc requests in relation to regulatory aspects
- Participation in global regulatory project work including system developments, implementation of new products and new regulatory framework
- Academic degree in business administration or finance
- Preference of a mini um 3 years of professional experience in a regulatory environment, preferably in the financial industry in Germany
- Business fluency in German and English
- Good knowledge of European/German regulatory rules
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition, the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Strong computing skills - comfortable with large data sets
- Strong communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and proactive - Ability to run with issues, get involved hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback
- Ability to maintain mutual support within a high energy, high profile team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.