AVP / VP, REGULATORY COMPLIANCE MANAGER (INSURANCE): 5+ YEARS
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Star Anise Limited
- 19 Nov 18
Our client is multinational Banking Group with a well-established presence in Asia. As part of business expansion in the banking arm, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior regulatory Compliance Advisory professional to join Hong Kong Compliance Team focusing on Retail banking AND Insurance business regulatory Compliance.
Report directly to Chief Compliance Officer of the bank, this role is essential to provide regulatory compliance oversight for Retail Banking and Insurance business. You will be responsible for Insurance Compliance Issues and implementing Bank-wide Compliance Frameworks and Regional policy programs as well as Insurance Business Policy where applicable to the country business model. This role is a key strategic risk management role that has a broad remit and responsibilities for leading implementation and management of all aspects of Regulatory Compliance including impact analysis of regulatory changes and driving coordination and execution of the various Regulatory Compliance work streams.
In addition, you will partner with the Retail Banking and Wealth Management’s insurance business and leadership team as well as other Risk and Compliance functions, to implement compliance policies and procedures. You will be a member of and participate actively in the Insurance Business and Risk Control committees. You will provide compliance advice to business units of the Bank to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements and Group Standards. You will be responsible to lead a small team and drive and coordinate process reviews and transformation programmes to enhance operational efficiency and to ensure compliance and to support local compliance risk managements, ensuring that they are completed effectively, with monitoring plans prepared and executed.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- University degree in Law, Accounting, Business or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years+ experience in compliance, audit or risk management field in financial services industry, with solid coverage of insurance business.
- Equipped experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with regulators including HKMA, SFC and Insurance Authority
- Strong understanding of the regulatory framework and environment for the Retail banking and Insurance sector
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred.
- Ability to lead change in Hong Kong, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally
- Excellent communications skills with fluency in English and Mandarin and Cantonese
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent salary package and career prospect within a large multinational bank. An excellent opportunity to be part of growing business during a period of corporate integration and strategic business expansion
To apply, please contact Jennifer Yang for a confidential discussion at +852 3708 9510 quoting job reference number JY.33591. To visit more Legal, Compliance and Risk management jobs please check www.staranise.com.hk
Data collected will be for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 5 business days of your application, please assume your application has not been shortlisted.