BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
APAC Finance Project Sourcing team.
1. Deliver a high quality automated platform to Finance users for their daily BAU tasks in the context of ever changing business & reporting requirements.
2. Ensure consistency of Finance systems/reports across the APAC region, in adherence to the Group's standard.
3. Provide efficient support to Finance teams in daily production tasks.
4. Major projects involve:
• Build or enhance accounting interface between operating systems and accounting core ledger systems
• Support new business and new products initiatives
• Support new regulatory requirements
• System upgrades and migrations Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities
• Acting as a Business Analyst (70%)
- Understand the project objective and ensure all user requirements are properly captured
- Carry out feasibility study, assess potential impact and define target operating model
- Explain the user requirements to IT for IT development
- Define the appropriate testing strategy according to the nature of the project
- Design test cases and ensure adequate testing is performed
- Validate testing result by performing detailed checking in accounting entries and/ or reports and provide UAT sign-off on behalf of finance users
• Acting as a Project Manager (30%)
- Drive and manage all stages in project life cycle, from project initialization to project closure
- Develop project scope documentation, project plans and project schedules
- Continuously coordinate with IT and other finance users
- Undertake risk analysis and proactively identify mitigating solutions
- Timely track the progress of projects against agreed timeline and budget
- Arrange smooth go-live implementation and provide post go-live support
- Present project status regularly to senior management
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with all project stakeholders across different functions (PMO, IT, finance users, operation teams)
• Provide support in case of production incidents, including root cause identification and proposing solutions to resolve the issue in a timely manner C ontributing Responsibilities
• Identify area of improvement; streamline the existing processes for efficiency
• Support team head to monitor the budget and progress reporting Technical & Behavioral Competencies
o Adequate knowledge on accounting treatment (especially on financial instruments) under IFRS
o Knowledge on front-to-back operation and financial products would be an advantage
o Proven ability in project delivery
o Good command of written and spoken English
o PC skill such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Behavioral Competencies
o Excited about driving change
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills
o Ability to work in multicultural environment, as the role needs to deal with different stakeholders across APAC regions
o Self-driven and able to work independently
o Attention to detail
o Able to work under stress
o Strong problem solving and logical thinking skill
o Ability to multi-task
o Team player Specific Qualifications
o Accounting/Auditing related experience And / Or
finance project experience in Financial Institution (5+ years)
o CPA preferred, but not mandatory
o Experience in project management and PMP qualification preferred, but not necessary