Assistant Actuarial Manager, IFRS17 Data & ETL, Sub-Ledger
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS17 Solution Workstream defines, designs and delivers the technology solution throughout the implementation of the new accounting standard, ensures the solution reflect the technical interpretation and comply with the IFRS17 Standard, and is responsible for the design of process & controls for the future IFRS17 reporting.
This role is mainly to focus on setting out the user requirement on the source system enhancement and ETL, building and maintaining the tools to perform data and system UAT, monitor the building process on the CSM engine and review the practicality and feasibility on the solution design. Accountabilities:
- Co-ordinate and wrap up the user requirement on the source system enhancement, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load process) including but not limited to flowing data from source system to actuarial system, expected CF to CSM engine for disclosure to ensure the development comply with the standard.
- Build and maintain the tools to perform data and system UAT, prepare UAT plan and other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Support the supervisor to monitor the building process on the CSM engine in the sub-ledger function for accounting posting as per requirement agreed.
- Review the practicality and feasibility on the solution design set out by the Regional Office
- Collaborate with IT team or other parties to ensure the data and system after development fulfil the user requirement as per agreed timeline.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries or equivalent
- University graduate
- At least 5 years of relevant experience , candidates with less working experience will be considered as Senior Actuarial Associate
- Would like to align the Assistant Manager requirement with other Actuarial teams
- Solid experience in life insurance industry, preferably with actuarial valuation or modelling experience
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess in-depth knowledge to the IFRS 17 standard would be an advantage
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese