Assistant Actuarial Manager, IFRS17 Process & Control
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS17 Solution Workstream defines, designs and delivers the technology solution throughout the implementation of the new accounting standard, ensures the solution reflect the technical interpretation and comply with the IFRS17 Standard, and is responsible for the design of process & controls for the future IFRS17 reporting.
This role is mainly to focus on the review the end-to-end reporting process to ensure the solution & process design is operationally efficient to meet with future reporting requirements set out by the Group / Regional Office and advise on the governance & controls framework to ensure compliance with internal and SOX control requirements. Accountabilities:
- Process Design: Review, comment and drive the design of IFRS17 actuarial reporting process flow, including both on-cycle and off-cycle reporting process, to ensure that the design is practical, efficient, meeting the future deliverables timeline suggested by Group/Regional office and in line with the technical interpretation of the Standard from actuarial perspective.
- Governance & Controls: Advise on the IFRS17 control process and procedures to ensure compliance with the internal control standard and SOX control requirements for actuarial reporting; Support the documentation of future IFRS17 process and control procedures for actuarial audit purpose to ensure that the documents are aligned with the most updated decisions.
- Process Enhancement & Implementation: Identify areas for enhancing the process, propose the corresponding enhancement and set out the specifications, if applicable; Monitor the building, testing, parallel run and implementation of the process and control through supporting the related user specification of system design, UAT plan, testing results and related project deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g. other Actuarial Teams, Finance Team, IT and consultants) to complete the process & control deliverables as per the agreed timeline; Provide regular update of the project progress, findings and related analysis to various stakeholders (e.g. senior management and project manager) and escalate any potential show stoppers/ resources issues whenever necessary.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries or equivalent
- University graduate
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in life insurance industry, preferably with financial reporting experience
- Actuarial consultancy background or experience in actuarial audit is a plus
- Possess in-depth knowledge to the IFRS 17 standard would be an advantage
- Strong sense in processes, governance and controls for financial reporting
- A team player with good interpersonal skills, able to communicate with different stakeholders
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese