Assistant Manager/ Manager, Strategy and Corporate Development
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Summary:
The Strategy and Corporate Development team drives the growth strategy through development, evaluation and coordination of companywide initiatives. The team also manages the business planning process which is crucial for meeting company's short term goal and long term vision.
The role is a critical role in assessing and executing FWD's initiatives. Specifically, this individual will be handling confidential and sensitive information and dealing with senior management across the organization as well as other external stakeholders. The individual is also expected to be able to independently perform financial analysis, modelling, presentation and provide support to ad hoc projects.
This is a role suited for talented individual looking for exciting opportunities and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Job
- Actively develop, evaluate and coordinate both organic and inorganic initiatives (including M&A) that fit FWD's strategic objectives;
- Undertake research and strategic analysis on market and competitors to support key strategic decisions and deliverables;
- Monitor and communicate insurance sector developments and evolution of trends (e.g. Insurtech) and assess how these trends will impact FWD's competitive positioning and strategic objectives;
- Manage the business planning cycle and offer guidance and assistance to develop specific strategies;
- Provide support to the team in detail financial modelling capability, necessary deliverables for internal approval, external proposal etc.;
- Take a hands on approach in project management and coordination, managing all processes and activities;
- Engage middle and senior management from local office, group Office and other external parties effectively;
- Work closely with different teams and key stakeholders to drive for deliverables; and
- Support a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Degree in Actuarial/ Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration;
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in corporate finance/development/ strategy or in advisory/ consulting field;
- Insurance experience an advantage;
- Strong business acumen, with an aptitude for both strategic, broad thinking and critical and highly analytical;
- A pro-active self-starter able to work independently;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Ability to keep multiple projects and/or processes with varying timelines moving ahead contemporaneously; and
- A team player, with demonstrated success establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with at all levels
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.