Assistant Manager / Senior Officer, Prophet Lead - IFRS17 Solution Implementations
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS17 Solution Workstream defines, designs and delivers the technology solution throughout the implementation of the new accounting standard, ensures the solution reflect the technical interpretation and comply with the IFRS17 Standard, and is responsible for the design of process & controls for the future IFRS17 reporting.
This role is mainly to focus on the implementation of the actuarial modeling for the purpose of IFRS17 reporting, perform the model enhancement to facilitate the assessment of financial impacts and execute the model optimization to support an efficient process for future financial reporting. Accountabilities:
- Model Design: Review and comment on the design of IFRS17 actuarial models to ensure the it complies with the technical requirement of IFRS17. Ensure the design is compatible with the existing models or provide technically sound alternatives in case there are limitations.
- Financial Results Assessment: Identify and perform the required model enhancement or develop tools to facilitate the assessment of financial impacts; Set out the model enhancements to ensure the Management Information (MI) can be analyzed at the required granularity.
- Model Enhancement & Optimization: Provide advices to various stakeholders on the solution build of Prophet models and ensure the enhancements could support end-to-end IFRS 17 production process; Lead the execution on the model optimization which facilitates an efficient process for future financial reporting.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g. consultants and other Actuarial Teams) to complete the model building or model enhancement as per agreed timeline; Provide regular update of the project progress, findings and related analysis to various stakeholders (e.g. senior management and project manager) and escalate any potential show stoppers/ resources issues whenever necessary.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries or equivalent
- University graduate
- At least 5 years of relevant experience , candidates with less working experience will be considered as Senior Officer
- Solid experience in life insurance industry, preferably with actuarial modelling experience
- Experienced user in Prophet or other equivalent actuarial modelling software; Experience in Prophet ALS modelling would be a plus
- Possess in-depth knowledge to the IFRS 17 standard would be an advantage
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese