The role’s primary responsibilities can be divided into the following main areas. Provide system administration support on production trading system and other associated platform. Provide technical advice from infrastructure perspective to developers and application support staff. Perform capacity planning on the production environment. Arrange and perform hardware/OS installation. Perform regular upgrade and maintenance. Design and implement new infrastructure solution.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
As the agency-model execution services arm of the Nomura Group, Instinet Incorporated subsidiaries provide brokerage services to clients in over 65 markets around the world. Through its advanced suite of electronic trading strategies, experienced high-touch trading group, top-ranked Commission Management services, award-winning desktop trading platform, and unparalleled access to insightful analytics, content and unique liquidity, Instinet helps institutions lower overall trading costs and ultimately improve investment performance. For more information, please visit www.instinet.com.
- Provide system administration support on production trading system and other associated platform.
- Provide technical advice from infrastructure perspective to developers and application support staff
- Perform capacity planning on the production environment.
- Arrange and perform hardware/OS installation.
- Perform regular upgrade and maintenance
- Design and implement new infrastructure solution
Key Experience & Skills
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat/Centos/Oracle Linux/Fedora
- Scripting skills using Unix Shell, or Perl or Python or Ruby
- Understanding of the major network and application protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, TFTP, PXE, Syslog
- Knowledge of monitoring system like Zenoss or Nagios
- Experience with installing, configuring and managing internet facing service e.g. Squid, SOCKS, BIND, Email
- Experience configuring Apache, Tomcat, Postfix, LDAP
- Experience with System and Configuration management product e.g. Puppet/Ansible/Redhat Satellite
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies VMWare ESX/ESXi/KVM/Docker
- Experience installing and running MySQL in Linux environment
- Experience with Datacenter planning, design, and physical installation of devices
- Knowledge on Linux kernel tuning
- Team player with excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and troubleshooting skills
- Able to learn and work independently with customer focus.
The following skills are strong plus:
- Working knowledge of the traffic management solutions from F5
- Experience with packet analyzer e.g. tcpdump or Wireshark
- Basic knowledge on Cisco devices and IOS
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.