We are currently looking for an Associate Investment Director to help in building relationships with existing and prospective clients, covering a range of Equity product types and working in collaboration with Fidelity's distribution teams.
The Equity Investment Directing team is part of the Equity Investment Team, reporting to the Global Head of Investment Directing, Equities. The Investment Team manages portfolios on behalf of institutional, wholesale and retail clients globally.
The Equity Investment Directing team aims to commercialise Fidelity's equity investment capabilities. The team is responsible for representing the equity group to prospective and existing clients, reporting on portfolios, promoting thought leadership on equity topics, working with product development to create new products to meet investors' demands, and generating marketing material to support sales activity.
The team has a strong knowledge of equity markets and Fidelity's portfolio strategies, combined with a capacity to communicate these in different formats, including through direct client relationships.
Purpose of your role
- The individual would represent the equity business generally and specific strategies both internally and externally.
- The individual will help in building relationships with existing and prospective clients, covering a range of Equity product types and working in collaboration with Fidelity's distribution teams.
- The individual will act as the voice of the client internally, helping to ensure that strategies are in line with client expectations and that new products are designed to meet the needs of clients.
- In driving business growth, the individual would be expected to work closely with portfolio managers and investment specialists in shaping the equity investment message, identifying product demand trends and areas of focus.
- The individual would support client service by providing client updates across various equity disciplines.
- Client interactions will include new prospect pitches, providing portfolio reviews on segregated accounts, meeting with existing clients or pension trustees on investments in pooled funds
- Presenting to new and existing clients, at client events and industry forums.
- The individual would be expected to offer thought leadership, develop white papers on thematic issues affecting institutional and wholesale clients and represent Fidelity Equity in marketing forums
- Signing-off core marketing and reporting material
- Training of clients and sales team on product specific and generic topics
Experience and Qualifications Required
- The individual is expected to have exceptional technical knowledge of Equity markets and instruments, portfolio construction and asset allocation
- The individual is expected to be a self-starter, with ability to generate materials and analysis with limited support. Relationship building is essential, as are strong communication skills, across written and presentational formats.
- Extensive experience of asset management and a knowledge of equities and the roles and investment styles of portfolio managers and research analysts
- Key knowledge of the institutional and wholesale business of asset management
- Strong written skills and presentation skills (to support client contact and event presentations)
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Capable of delivering within tight deadlines
- A team player with good attention to detail
- A desire to grow the assets and profitability of the Equity business
- Fluent written and verbal English and Mandarin is essential, Cantonese is advantageous.
- CFA charterholder preferred