Assurance - Audit Services - Financial Services – Manager/Senior Manager
Assurance Business Service specialise in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Assurance Financial Service Organization (FSO) group. Our talented and dedicated FSO professionals deliver audit solutions to many types of entities including funds, banks and insurance companies.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services. Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues. Collaborate to plan objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk. Establish the expectations of the value to be delivered. Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary;
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client;
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training. Foster teamwork and lead by example;
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed;
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions. Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification;
- Approximately 5 – 8 years of experience working for a public accounting firm
- Excellent project management skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin.
What working at EY offers
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.