CIB - Securities Services - Agency Lending Product Development - Associate
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Agency Securities Lending
Agency Securities Lending is a product line within Securities Services. Agency Securities Lending provides securities lending services to institutional investors such as pension funds, mutual funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and central banks. Agency Securities Lending lends clients' securities held in custody at JPMorgan and other custodian banks against a range of collateral in return for a fee. JPMorgan provides all operational services such as trading, settlement, daily mark to markets, portfolio servicing, investment of cash collateral and reporting. JPMorgan provides risk management to assist clients in the management and mitigation of risk associated with lending securities. This is a competitive, dynamic and evolving industry with clients demanding high levels of customization and service, including new transactions and services. About the Role
The Agency Securities Lending Product Development Team is responsible for executing product development strategy and developing core product enhancements. The candidate will drive design and delivery of key aspects of strategic Agency Securities Lending product, leverage firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. A successful candidate will perform all of the following tasks:
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on the Agency Securities Lending business with a focus on New Products.
- Work closely with legal, compliance, and risk team to define new product impact to the business.
- Define New Product solution across the business; develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements to technology/operation teams.
- Partner with technology and operations teams for solution execution; assist technology analysts to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into technical solutions, and ensure delivery is on time and on budget.
- Work with user community on UAT test, and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Manage new product rollout to both internal end users and/or clients, obtain feedback, and develop appropriate enhancements based on priority.
- A minimum of 5 years of capital markets or financial industry experience in a product development, technology, or operational role.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills; be able to use the SME knowledge to define appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of the Securities Transaction Settlement and Trade Instruction Process.
- Must be self driven, fast learner and delivery focused; ability to drive delivery of a strategic vision through effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong verbal and written communicator ; Excellent at making verbal and written presentations
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with product development, business requirement, business analysis, testing and roll out
- Information Technology literate, with good understanding of relevant technologies and development life cycles
- Strong program management skills, well organized and be able to develop plans and break down into achievable deliverables, be able to identify risk/issues and resolve them to ensure timely delivery
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently
- Team player with strong analytical and collaboration skills, able to partner effectively with many different individuals and groups