C++ Developer, Electronic Market Making & Low Latency Trading
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This is a Senior Developer focusing on work related to electronic market making (EMM) and low latency trading in the EMM Technology APAC Team. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and will work closely with traders in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. The qualified individual will be responsible for the design, develop, and maintain the strategic ultra low latency trading platform for the region. The position will also contribute significantly to the front office trading team in terms of pre and post-trade analysis and the design of low latency strategies.
- Design, develop, and maintain the cutting edge electronic market marking system for Equity Derivative Products
- Design, develop, and maintain the next generation low latency trading platform
- Work closely with traders to define the specification / requirements for their trading needs
- Provide a meaningful contribution to trading strategies; help traders to maximise revenue and minimise loss potential
- Help traders to perform pre and post-trade analysis to fine tune the trading strategies / parameters
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure in handling time critical situations
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key technology developments in MM and low latency trading both within and outside the firm
- Provide a solution-based framework to business; Take the initiative to make things better
- Understand firm's approach and policies for control and governance related to electronic trading
- Build foundation of trust with traders by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages - C++, Python
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experienced in development under Linux environment
- Previous experience in exchange connectivity / market data feed development will be an advantage
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.